Total Workforce Index 2020
Since the World Health Organization declared Covid-19 a global pandemic in March 2020, employers in every nation have been navigating a new landscape. Organisations of all sizes and from every industry have had to exercise unexpected measures that weren’t outlined in contingency plans. Despite uncertainty around the trajectory of Covid-19, organisations are determined to rebound and reinvent themselves, thinking about the long-term adjustments and improvements they can make for their entire workforce.
With the right combination of data and insight, companies can ensure their workforce strategy aligns with their business strategy. This year, ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions’ Total Workforce Index™ takes a deeper look at talent availability, comparing the percentage of remote-ready workforces in different markets and exploring the availability of in-demand talent to assist organisations in keeping pace with the next normal.
The Total Workforce Index™ is the only index of its kind that analyses over 200 factors across 76 markets for a comprehensive and comparative view of four key factors: Workforce Availability, Cost Efficiency, Workforce Productivity and Regulation.
Just as the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of a market is used as an economic indicator for measuring the size of an economy and how it’s performing, the Total Workforce Index™ may be used as an indicator of workforce potential. Total Workforce Index™ rankings provide important perspectives and insights that can influence organisations’ short- and long-term workforce planning strategies. The rankings help to address critical planning questions, such as:
- Where are the best locations to find workers with the skills needed, especially as new roles emerge and as technology enables employers to pursue more aggressive remote work strategies?
- What is the right remote versus onsite workforce strategy?
- Which markets would best meet diversity and inclusion goals?
- What factors should organisations consider as they choose a new company location?
- How can organisations plan workforce mix by location – city, province and/or country?
- How do shifting regulations and changing wages impact a specific location?
Download the full report to learn more: