At ManpowerGroup we are committed to supporting the Armed Forces, Reserves, Veterans, and their families through all aspects of their employment. We are proud to be a signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant – a pledge to ensure that those who serve or have served and their families are treated fairly, and to support the forces through services, policy and projects.
We strive to demonstrate this commitment through:
- working closely with our sister company Career Transition Partnership (CTP) – an agreement between the MoD and Right Management – to provide employment opportunities, careers advice and resettlement support for Service leavers – find out more
- supporting the employment of Service spouses and partners by ensuring equal treatment, and offering flexibility in granting leave before, during and after a partner’s deployment through our flexible working models
- supporting our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including accommodating training and deployment wherever possible
- offering support to cadet units, either in our local community or in local schools
- actively participating in and promoting Armed Forces Day online and through our branch network nationally
- participating in fundraising activities to support the Royal British Legion
- developing a new HR policy to formalise our commitment to supporting the Armed Forces, Reserves, Veterans, and their families.
View our Corporate Covenant agreement on the UK Government website here.
Employer Recognition Scheme
ManpowerGroup has also achieved the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) Gold Award, for demonstrating our commitment to being an Armed Forces-friendly company.
The Defence Employer Recognition Scheme encourages employers to support defence and inspire others to do the same. The scheme encompasses bronze, silver and gold awards for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the armed forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.