Working for a greener, better future: The UK 2023 ESG Report
At ManpowerGroup UK, we recognise the profound responsibility that businesses have to address critical global issues, from climate change and workplace diversity to transparency and ethical integrity. We firmly believe in leading from the front, making choices that not only benefit our planet, employees and partners but also set a positive example for others to follow.
We have set high standards for our Planet, People & Prosperity and Principles of Governance policies – the three pillars of our Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy. In the UK, we are actively reducing emissions, minimising waste, expanding training initiatives, ensuring a safe and inclusive work environment, and aiding individuals facing career challenges through an ambitious social values roadmap.
Our actions have yielded tangible results:
- We’ve reduced Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions by 48% since 2019
- We’ve launched a programme to encourage employees to opt for emissions-free vehicles
- We are on track to have a zero-emissions vehicle fleet by 2030
- We continue to improve the measurement of all GHG-producing activities
- In 2022, we placed tens of thousands of associates into meaningful work each week
- As of the end of 2022, 2,500 associates were engaged in our MyPath training programme
- We launched the Women in Driving Development Pathway to enhance gender diversity in a traditionally male-dominated industry
- We achieved a further renewal of the MOD Armed Forces Covenant Employer Gold award and have now held this honour since 2017
- We have renewed our status as a Disability Confident Leader and have held this recognition since 2018.
We believe in “doing well by doing good”, meaning we strive to provide the best service to our clients and candidates while also working towards our ESG goals. We invite you to explore our ManpowerGroup UK ESG Report 2023 – our new annual review of our ongoing ESG efforts and progress.